Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reflections

After doing the food intake assessment, I found out that my diet was rather unbalanced and needed certain changes. My sodium and cholesterol intake was greater than the recommended amounts, and I did not receive enough fibre and calcium. I would definitely need to eat more vegetables as vegetables contain would be more fibre, which would aid in digestion and bowel movements. It also contains vitamins like vitamin C, which would build up our immune system.

Overall I have learnt a lot from this performance task and it not only increased my knowledge about the food we consumed but also how important a healthy diet is.

I am also extremely excited to try out my modified one dish meal because I’ve always been an avid fan of Shepherd Pies and I am happy that I’ll be able to eat a healthier and more appetizing Shepherd’s Pie the next time I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment